Friday 16 November 2007

What have I learned so far?

I've learned two really important things from you, Dai, or should I say, I'm learning - have started but still a long way to go.

1) Own my work

This is so important. You made me realise that even when I like what I'm doing (have done), or like its possibilities, I still talk it down when I show other people. I do believe in my work, but I have to admit it. It is easier to learn from this point.

(I printed out photos of 19 of my pictures and made them into postcards. Felt surprised that I liked them so much. This was a step towards owning my work.)

2) Learn to look and understand

I usually say things like 'I like it but don't know why'. You've made me start finding reasons for why one way is better than another.

-----------------------------------------------
Have spent all evening painting the Itsuki picture.

It's still not right but is better than it was. Might have to change it again. Am going to have a break now. Hope your work is going well.

No comments: